1.22.2009

....

sitting and staring at a blank screen, you realize how easily and often you think about nothing.

so many times people have asked me what i'm thinking about.

so many times i've said, "nothing."

and most of the time i don't think people believed me. but it's these moments that i realize that i really was thinking nothing. or if there were thoughts, they were fleeting. nothing lasting, nothing heavy. just a blank canvas with the occasional dusting of cognition flitting across.

it's those times when i've found myself to be most peaceful. in my occasional attempts to make yoga a more routine part of my life, the attempts to clear my mind have left me with a much calmer, more peaceful attitude that i've been able to carry with me throughout the day.

so i invite you to inhale deeply and just think of nothing for a few moments. generally beats the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment