2.27.2009

back to the island

pardon my absence...

nothing will turn your life upside down like moving. and while this move was less painful than many others i've endured (is it bad that i've already experienced many moves?) it still threw off my routine and kept me away from my beloved Island for an extended period of time.

in the interim, we've had the oscars, the (not) state of the union address, a republican response delivered by the indian mr. rogers and the return (and subsequent dismissal) of tiger woods. all things that grabbed my attention and stirred my spirit.

but in the interest of preserving your time, i'll keep it brief...

the oscars: hm. guess i should've gone to see slumdog millionaire.

the nsotu: even if you disagree with obama's politics, how are you not inspired by his ideals. makes you wonder if the republicans are opposed because they really disagree or just want to be contrarian.

the response: rumors of the gop's demise are greatly exaggerated. they have too much money and too much support to completely collapse. but with what we've seen from jindal and michael steele, if i were a republican, it wouldn't inspire too much confidence in my party leadership.

tiger's back (and gone): no surprise that someone (even tiger) who hadn't played competitive golf in eight months would look a little rusty on his return to the tour. but then again, if there's anyone who could win his first tournament back...

finally, those who know me are aware that i disdain all things reality tv. but i might have to break that rule and watch the golf channel's new show - project barkley. few things bring me as many laughs as charles barkley's golf swing. but if top-flight golf instructor hank haney can do this, i have to watch.

aahh...feels good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing Charles Barkley complete a whole golf swing without pausing, now my life is complete.

    ReplyDelete